Thursday, April 27, 2006

Valpo Heads

This weekend, as some of you likely already know, we're performing at Valparaiso University. I'm quite excited about the show; it presents us with a good opportunity to expand our fan base (ffffaaaannnn bbbbaaaasssseeee...), as we'll hopefully be playing for a bunch of folks who've never heard us before. That's an exciting prospect! If you're in the Valpo area this weekend, please stop by and catch the show! 8:00 p.m. on Saturday in the Union Roundtable (I think). It's better than watching King Kong, right?

Heck, even if you're not in the area, gasoline is certainly cheap enough that you could load up the car for a road trip. You could call yourself a... well, I'm not sure what. I was thinking of something along the same lines as "Dead Head" or "Hill Head" (followers of the Grateful Dead and Storyhill, respectively, in case you didn't already know that). What would ours be, though? "Time Heads?" "CST-Heads?" "Timers?" Hmm... None of those sound particularly cool. Any other suggestions? "Charliegans?" I kinda like that one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's an All song called "Charligan". I don't know where the title comes from, though; it's an instrumental.

How about "Time Lords"?

Jessica said...

Time travelers? :-)

Charlie said...

"Time travelers" would be cool if we didn't play 99% of our shows in the Iowa City area. We don't really put a lot of travel demands on the ol' fan base (can we claim that you flew from Germany last year just to see us? That would be a fun thing to claim).

I like "Time Lords," myself, but Matt remained a pretty staunch supporter of "Charliegans" during the weekend. He also spent much of the trip to Indiana pointing out boats, though...

Matt said...

They're all good suggestions, I think. "Charliegans" just makes me giggle - I imagine a big group of screaming fans all wearing the awesome "stick Charlie" buttons from our Cafepress store site...

Boats have suffered in relative ignored-ness on highways for too long. It's time they start being recognized for what they truly are: watercraft.