Saturday, September 09, 2006

Storyhill

Okay, so as you know, Charlie and I are big Storyhill fans, and count them as our greatest musical influence. I've been a fan of theirs since about 1993, when I first heard their stuff. They have just finished a new CD, which for now is only available at their shows. The problem is, they don't have any shows scheduled in Iowa, so it's going to be tough (for me, anyway) to get to one.

They're apparently working on signing with a label, so the CD will be more readily available then, but I don't want to wait! So here's what I need you to do: send an email to their booking agent, Renee, and tell her that they need to add a show this fall somewhere in eastern Iowa. Another option would be to email their manager, Eric, with the same plea. Ideally the show would be at The Mill in Iowa City or at CSPS in Cedar Rapids (you could go ahead and suggest those options; they’ve played both venues before), but I'll take pretty much anything east of Interstate 35. Hopefully if Renee gets enough emails from Storyhill's Iowa fans, she'll go ahead and book something around here. Then I (and all of you, natch) will not only get to see my favorite band perform, but I'll be able to pick up a copy of their new CD. I appreciate your help!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Maybe I can convince my folks to go to their next concert and get us a few CD's? I will talk to them about it and let you know...

Mark said...

I sent a note to Renee Gebhardt with mixed results. She plans to try very hard to book Storyhill in Iowa during their winter/spring tour. Unfortunately that doesn't do you much good but it looks like my wife may be able to round up a CD for me so what do I care.

Charlie said...

Kudos on making the effort, though. I suppose I'm prepared to wait until Spring if need be.