Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Electro-folk

The other day we played a little show at Christ the King Lutheran Church in Iowa City. We decided to try a little something different and have a friend of ours play drums. We've played with drums another time or two, but that's it. And these drums... well, they were electronic drums.

I have to admit, they sound pretty convincing. They're nice electronic drums (or at least seem so to my untrained ear). Still, they're electronic drums! It kinda makes me laugh. I'm glad he played with us--it was a fun show, and considering the almost complete lack of practice beforehand, it went pretty well. The only thing missing was a poster featuring an inspirational and motivational photo of Mr. T.

I doubt there are many folk groups that play with an electronic drum set, though... We got some photos on Charlie's camera; maybe he can post one.

(edit: Posts R Me. Who's up enough on CST tunes to be able to name the song we're playing from just the picture? There's a key piece of data there that narrows it down to just two possible tunes. - Charlie)



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the key piece of data the fact that you're capoed way up?

Charlie said...

Sort of, yeah. The amount-of-capo on Matt's and my guitars is the key.

Anonymous said...

Since no one more knowledgeable has guessed - is it "Summer Camp"?

Charlie said...

Nope. You MISSed on that guess.

Anonymous said...

I took the photo, and while that doesn't make me a CST tune expert, I will venture a guess that the correct answer is "I Miss Montana."

-Steve Witte

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess Steve beat me with the correct answer of "I Miss Montana." However, I would argue with Charlie on the point that there are two possible songs that this picture shows. If one were to simply look at the capo-ing of the song, one could also guess "I Know You." Upon closer look, however, there is more data than just the capo. The picture clearly shows Matt and Charlie strumming with picks. Unless the stage version of "I Know You" is different and rockinger than the recording, I would argue that this picture could not be showing "I Know You." Thus, the answer is -as was stated earlier and not by me- "I Miss Montana."

Humbly, and with much modesty,

Jeremy Freeman

Charlie said...

Wow...

Somebody else can play the game, too!

This is fantastically exciting news.